Sunday 5 March 2017

Proxy Wars

The reason I have chosen to collect Twilight Kin was down to my desire to use two models that Games Workshop produce and I love. Those are the Dark Eldar Wyches and Daemonettes of Slaanesh.

Wyches
Demonettes















I'd wanted to paint these models up but was having a problem fitting them into the same army until I found  Kings of War and the TK list and then I could see the way.
Each KoW army is made up of units of differing sizes and points value, the armies are built by taking Regiment, Horde or Legion sized units and this then allows you to add a certain number of troop, monster, hero or artillery units per Regiment/Horde/Legion taken. Most unit types come in several different sizes with the points value adjusted for the size.

Unit Size Example

Check out the free rules for all the exact details and what the stats mean.
My starting point for the army is to work out what figures to use for the different unit types and then build up a list from that point, I'm going to need more than the two I had in mind at the beginning.

So working from the army list I have :

Shadows - These are going to be the Wyches with the guns removed and replaced by crossbows bought from a bitz site. This should give a good representation of the fast moving melee / ranged combat unit I have in my minds eye.

Gargoyles - I'm going to use the Demonettes for this unit with the addition of wings from the Tyranid Gargoyle Brood models from GW, this should I hope give an interesting model.

Wing Donors

Blade Dancers - I was going to use Wyches for these originally but then I saw some Vestals of Nemesis by Avatars of war and have put an order in for a box of 30 on Element Games for £30. Again these look like a unit of fast movers so the action poses should work well.

Fast and Deadly


Reaper Guard / Spearmen - I hadn't originally planned to include spearmen in the army as I wanted a fast and flowing infantry theme rather than a solid infantry core. Then I saw the models by Gamezone Miniatures and changed my mind. Not only do the models look great but the unit box comes with a standard bearer and at least one officer looking figure which can be used as individual characters in the game ( more about those later).


Slow and Deadly


Well that's enough for now but I will leave with a picture of some stuff I have already painted since my return to wargames which are some Mycenaean Greeks from Redoubt.

Heroes to the fore and fodder to the rear.













No comments:

Post a Comment