Tuesday 14 March 2017

Green Wing #2

As I'm off work all this week it means I can make some progress with the Hellions and have first look at the models for the TK army.
First off I made some good progress with Green Wing and they should be finished off tomorrow.

Almost Done

I also put some colour down on the bases for the TK and started to put together the Vestals from Avatars of War. The models themselves come in a multi-part kit that can be put together in a variety of poses with different weapons. The box of 30 contained over 40 heads and enough arms and legs for 30 figures, it also contained 3 standards. The models are made from a fairly soft plastic which my Gorilla Superglue gel was strangely resistant to sticking together.


Kept this basic
Bits of Vestals











The vestals came as separate body with 1 leg, head, leg, & arms. As I want an action pose for the unit I have set myself the challenge of having all the models with only 1 foot on the ground. In order to help the models stay in place on the base I will be pinning them. I hadn't done this before so it was a good chance to learn, the feet are very small and narrow so it was a bit fiddly.

Mounted & Undercoated


 




No comments:

Post a Comment