Tuesday 7 March 2017

Proxy Wars #3

In addition to fielding the various unit of different sizes KoW also allows you to use powerful single models normally representing heroes or large monsters. For the Twilight Kin these include the Lord on Black Dragon and Hydra that I have already covered and a few more.

AssassinAvatars of War do a nice range of Dread Elves and they do an Assassin model so that can be ordered at the same time as the Vestals.

Looking moody



Standard Bearer & Dark Avenger / Lord - I plan to use the command troops from the Gamezone Spearmen order for these. As I am off next week these have been ordered today in anticipation of them turning up when I am home.

Three heroes in each box of thirty




High Priestess / Mage - As I was ordering the Spearmen I also snagged the Gamezone Sorceress at the same time and the Legion battlebox for Hordes comes with a Warlock caster as well. That should be enough cover for the caster slot(s).

Gamezone Caster
Hordes Warlock















Dark Lord on Pegasus - This is actually the only model I currently have for the army but it hasn't yet been put together. I spotted it going cheap on Ebay so picked it up. It comes from the Spire of Dawn box by GW and should look good with a few additions and a red colour scheme, as long as my brush work is up to scratch of course.

May require a head transplant

That should be all the models choices I need to get started as I won't be looking to field some units, though the Scather crew from Hordes look tempting for a Bolt Thrower proxy, perhaps I will keep an eye on Ebay for those. I also don't plan on running a Crossbow horde so won't need models for those, the Gamezone ones look nice but the price is rather high. I also won't be fielding any Abyssals as they may be cut when the army list gets it proper update, it also leaves me with a pure Kin army apart from the Gargoyles.

Next I need to think about the bases so time to put on my thinking cap and polish up my google-foo.

Almost forgot to put in some models that have actually been done !


Necron Rank & File



No comments:

Post a Comment