Monday 6 March 2017

Proxy Wars #2

Carrying on with the proxy model ideas we have :

Dark Knights - The current plan is to use GW Drakespawn Knights for these but I have also seen the Raek model from the Hordes range which I think would convert into a great looking cavalry unit and would keep a similar theme to the Dragon Rider I have chosen. The two issues with using the Raek are the cost and if I can pull the conversion off.

Easy option



Conversion Candidate













Hydra - This again draws from Hordes Legion of Everblight range and uses the Typhon model, my concern with this one again the cost and if the model will look large enough. I do like the Hordes models but they aren't cheap so this may be a long term trawl on Ebay job.

Beastly

Dark Lord on Black Dragon -  This is the model that started my interest in the Hordes figures. There are plenty of Dragon models about but I wanted something that could be easily transported and looked a bit different. After much searching about I noticed a model of what looked like an Elf riding a winged creature rather reminiscent of the flyers in Avatar.

Avatar Version

Beast Rider














The model itself looked pretty good but again I thought it was too much on the small side and something larger would be better, so swoop forward the Neraph/Seraph model which will be paired with a Wyche model to make the whole.



The Rider
Trusty Stead




The Neraph model is £27 but if you buy the Legion battlegroup for £30 you get it and 4 more models to use, so that makes the price much better. 
Using the three Hordes models for Knights, Hydra & Dragon would give some unity of look to the army so I will make a decision on the Hydra & Knights once I have the Neraph model.



Almost done with the proxies I think so to end with for now how about some Dark Eldar bikers who I've used to test out the colour scheme for my Kin.

Red ones go faster


These are from the Gangs of Commorragh box-set so I have some Hellions to paint up as well and some nice spare chains and glaives to use with the Dragon rider model.



















No comments:

Post a Comment