Sunday 19 March 2017

Painting Update

I've made some good progress this week with the first unit of Blade Dancers almost complete and the Shadows coming along nicely. I've been working on the replacement for the Dancer who died in a tragic dip & flick incident so the unit isn't quite complete.

Dancers unit on base

Replacement with Shadows behind


I've bought a few resin scenic bits and also invested in a cheap static grass applicator. I found that by earthing the applicator to a metal tin lid I can get good results, I have also magnetized each base for transport but it also helps keep the base still for this stage.

Shadows



Shadows base

I realize now that putting the texture on to the base before the props is the wrong way to do at especially as you cannot even see the texture once the grass is down so lesson learnt for the rest of the bases.


No comments:

Post a Comment