Sunday 28 April 2019

Red or Dead

This weeks painting has had a rather red theme about it as I have been working on the Tartana and some English Militia. Having decided to make up some red sails I thought it only fitting that the hull should be red as well, and that has turned out rather nicely over the week.


Now I've got the hull sorted out I can get to work on the masts, sails and cannons to complete the ship. That will probably be another weeks work but with the next Bank Holiday weekend only seven days away I should have the time to complete her.


My other painting job this week has been the English Militia to go in the Buccaneer force. These guys are the cheap filler in the Buccaneer army and would seem to be better in melee than at shooting.


During a quick bit of research I discovered that a fore-runner of the Glorious Glosters was stationed in Newfoundland at around the correct time so that was a flimsy enough excuse to use yellow trim and assume some had gone south for a warmer time.


These are another set of excellent models with plenty of character, my favorite is the chap huffing his cheeks out to blow on his match.


I was also lucky enough to get a KoW game in with Mick after a few weeks break. Once again we played using the scenario cards. These gave Mick the invade scenario whilst I had a combination of loot and capture. This gave me the chance to break out the jungle terrain and check it held together for a game.


In the end the game was pretty quickly decided by the central clash of forces which saw my Herd wipe out the majority of the Basilean army.


Despite some late heroics by Gnaeus who managed to wipe out my Centuar Longmanes with one charge and then a good nerve roll (I'd manage to leave them outside of Inspiring range) Mick didn't have enough forces left by the end of turn 4 to continue.




Next up for the Blood & Plunder painting will be the Spanish Militia / Hostigadores, these are the cheapest unit in the army and whilst poorly equipped do have the Skirmisher rule which helps them keep out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment