Monday 22 April 2019

Native Militia

First off the bank holiday blocks are the Milicianos Indios who I started last week. The sculpts are really nice with the models looking good even after my painting efforts.


Each B&P pack comes with four sculpts so you do get duplicates in the units but they are far from mono-pose. For the bases you have a choice of either painting them brown and making the most of the wood effect they are cast with or putting some ground cover on them. As I think we will be playing more land battles than sea I went with the same easy basing material I have been using on the terrain.


My plan is to alternate working on a Spanish unit then an English one, so up next will be the English Militia.


I also completed a longboat which is a nice little model (when compared to the other ships) and can be used a cheap way to get your men about in a naval or amphibious battle. You can also buy the canoa which is the widely used native version so I may well end up getting one of those as well at some point.


Ships (and buildings) work out their capacity by base size, simply you can fit as many models in as you can get without the bases overlapping. I was thinking of adding a larger MDF base onto the models as the metal ones are prone to bending but as this would stop me from fitting the full amount of models onto a ship I gave that idea up.


I also took delivery of the straws for mounting the spars and with a dab of superglue now have a simple and effect method for keeping the spars in place whilst being able to quickly swap the sails out.



This will allow the use of the Bark for both B&P and any other game I can fit it into. The blue setup will be perfect for Vanguard Basileans for instance.



The last thing completed this week are some quick barricades made out of the spare palm tree models I got to make the forests.


These have been attached to the base with a Polyfila & paint mix and then finished off with more of the basing mix.


Cover looks to be very important in B&P as without it you don't get your full ranged save throw so could easily be shot off the table.



2 comments:

  1. I have some rubberised horse hair if you need some. Painted and flocked its good for nice looking scatter scrub to make rough zones. The army painter does a good job on the boats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, but I think I should have enough terrain, the land battles aren't played on a 6*4. The dip seems to work it's magic on pretty much anything to be honest.

      Delete