Thursday 13 February 2020

The Dead Rise Again, Again


I guess it is in the nature of the Undead that they keep coming back even when you think them finished off. So it is with the forces of the Four Horsemen who I thought I had completed one month ago and another month before that.
Kings of War Undead Wraiths


I hadn't counted on Games Workshop releasing a new multi-part magazine set which included ten ghostly types for only £2.99. At that price I couldn't resist adding some Wraiths to my army and I even picked up one copy of the next installment to give me enough models to make four Troops worth.

Kings of War Undead Wraiths

The Wraith's have changed somewhat from the end of v2 mainly in a drop in speed from 10" to 7" and also a drop in points, 20 for the Troop and 15 for the Regiment. But they have gained Strider and are the only source of this special rule in the whole list. This helps them a lot as hitting on 4's for a hindered charge is much better than 5's.

Wraith Stats
In v2 they where often used to hop over enemy lines and then about face for a rear or flank surge, with speed 7 this is going to be much more difficult to pull off and having only 12 attacks on the Regiment means they really need to double or triple attacks to be a fearsome hammer.

Kings of War Undead Wraiths & Vampire Lord on Pegasus

However having Def 6+ and a good nerve means they can be an effective anvil and Lifeleech(1) will keep them in the game that bit longer as they are unlikely to be wiped off in one turn unless considerable resources are put into killing them.

Kings of War Undead Wraiths & Vampire Lord on Pegasus

So that's all the Undead I have at present with no more on the table and no more planned unless I see a good lot of cheap Trolls...

1 comment: