Sunday 2 February 2020

City Builder

This week I've taken a quick break from models and painted up the buildings I got from the Fogou Models Kickstarter campaign. I'm not sure when general release is but I'm sure it cannot be far off.


The buildings come cast in yellow resin with no release agent so they can be painted straight out of the box with no washing. The kit came with wooden or metal doors and I opted for the wooden ones as I doubt I will be using these in a sci-fi settings.


For the paint job I undercoated in tan yellow and then hit the buildings with some Army Painter flesh wash followed by a desert yellow dry brush and then a bone yellow dry brush, this gives a decent variation of colour across the models.


Part of the Kickstarter bonuses where two free standing door facades which can be added to buildings to represent more elaborate houses.


All the buildings come with removable roofs and the smaller buildings can be stacked on top of the larger to create a high rise village.


I haven't yet got a specific game to use these in but they could feature in various theaters of war from early ancients skirmish games such as Clash of Spears, through the Crusades for Saga and into the First World War in Blood & Valor.


So lots of scope for use in the future and some interesting periods to think about buying more lovely models for!

1 comment: