Monday 3 September 2018

The Big 100

The first post for this blog was published back on the 4th March 2017 and featured a couple of Necron pictures and the hope that I could chart the progress of my Twilight Kin army. I thought for the 100th post it would be nice to get all the models out I have painted since restarting wargames and get some photos done.


I started out with some Mycenaean Greeks who have recently been re-based so they can help form a KoW Basilean army and then painted up a load of 40k Necrons. I've never actually fielded the Necrons in a game so they may well be sold onto pastures new if I can find a buyer who wants to get some use out of them.


Since then I have journeyed through making up the Twilight Kin and fighting Stuart's eastern men army and making up hills and other terrain into making several SAGA armies.


The Byzantines haven't seen much SAGA action so I need to get them out into the field as well and I am thinking of using the Milites Christi as a Crusader faction instead as I think I may prefer the Crusader battleboard. So I may need to pick up some peasants to use as pilgrims for a Crusader force.


Mythic Battles: Pantheon arrived last November and I have been making steady progress through the boxes with the starting of the Basilean army helping provide some impetus to the project.


Once I'd completed the Pagan Rus I turned my attention to starting another Kings of War army and the Herd started to take shape. The army has come along way and I am still waiting for the chariot crew to be completed via a Kickstarter campaign but really the army is ready to take the field now that I have completed a Horde of infantry.


At present I'm concentrating on working my way through the Mythic Battles models I still have left unpainted and I back the re-launch of the Kickstarter to pick up some of the models I did not get first time around, those should arrive early next year.


A more immediate arrival will be the Kings of War: Vanguard Kickstarter which will feature skirmish rules and some great looking models. This should give the tools needed to run a campaign that features both skirmish and massed battles with one affecting the other.


In the longer term I'd like to be able to see if Blood & Plunder can adapted to fight a Trojan wars era battle using the models I already have and some of the monsters from the Poseidon expansion.


Mick has also expressed an interest in some musket era skirmish action, possibly Napoleonic or French - Indian wars.



Well hopefully I can do the same photo shoot again at 200 posts with lots more lovely models.

No comments:

Post a Comment