Monday 27 August 2018

Spirit Animal(s)

Spirit Walkers are a staple of Herd lists along with Stampedes, being fearless and packing a mighty 40 attack dice they provide a real punch. My infantry Horde is made up from the Frostgrave Gnolls box which is excellent value.


As I wanted the unit to stand out I created a hole with a metal plate in the bottom so I could add 50mm centrepieces for the unit, in this case one of my Brutox models.


I am currently painting a large Centaur to use as another centrepiece and may well create a couple more as time goes on.


I took the chance to put out the initial 1500 point armies I have planned to introduce Mick back into KoW. At present I'm not entirely sure about the Herd list so it isn't completely nailed down as I'd really like to include a Stampede as well.




The Basilean list is pretty straightforward as it consists of the two formations and then a couple of chaff units added on.




Work on the Chroneas also continues with the model feeling like it is starting to come together.




2 comments:

  1. Nice idea to reuse some of the larger models that may not ordinarily make it to the table. The only slightly "odd" thing is that the basic infantry has such low armour at 3+. Guess its a fast/hard hitting list along the line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily they are fearless and the army can pack plenty of healing so they should be tough to shift (in theory).

      Delete