Saturday 8 September 2018

The Pile of Shame

Every wargamer has a pile of shame sat in the corner waiting to be painted up. This week I realised that my pile was growing rather short as I've been making steady progress over the summer through all the mini's I have outstanding. At present it looks pretty small but I have several Kickstarter projects due to arrive over the next couple of months and into the new year so it should start to grow again.


No game this week meant that again I could concentrate my efforts on painting so first off the blocks is a unit filler for my Herd Horde. The model is a cheap import from Russia with a pack of 4 54mm figures costing about £9 including P&P.


The quality isn't amazing as you would expect for the cost but being hard plastic they are pretty good and have enough detail to make a decent model.


I also completed the Minotaur for Mythic Battles and mounted him on a 50mm square so he can also be used either as a stand alone monster or a unit filler.


His specializes in attacking groups of enemies who have unwisely clumped together within his charge range.



The mighty hunter Orion has also been painted up he is as you would expect an accomplished monster hunter so would go well in a force if your opponent has gone monster heavy,


As I don't plan on using him in any other games he has remained on his standard round base.


Lastly I have also been working away on the Chroneas and the arrival of several new metallic shades to fill the gap between Bronze and Rough Iron has allowed me to build up a gradient on the metallic parts of the model.



I have also been trying to build up a reflected light gradient on the metallic parts close to the magical energy plumes. I happy with the result so far and can now start working on the base.



No comments:

Post a Comment