Sunday 23 September 2018

Don't Panic!

Once again I've been working hard on my Mythic Battles set this week and I completed the last two Gods and a few extra bits.
Pan comes with some free Troops who whilst they can climb they lack guard so most likely they will be off trying to harass the enemy.


Pan himself has an excellent looking area attack that can hit any area on the board so that should discourage the enemy from bunching up behind cover.


For his Satyrs I tried out a new scheme using a darker skin tone which I think worked rather well. I plan on getting some Satyrs to use in KoW:Vanguard ( more on that later ) so it was a good chance to try out the paint job ahead of time.


Pan was also mounted on a 50mm square so he can be used as a unit filler for my Herd infantry Horde.


The last God to be completed is Apollo who as befits an archer God has a strong ranged game, he can also make himself un-attackable which will no doubt be pretty handy.


The unit card has a set of numbers missing as his Golden Arrows ability needs an X value to work. This will be corrected in the Mythic 1.5 release but I haven't decided if it is best to change the card with a pen or just remember the missing numbers yet.


Tityos is similar in use to Minotaur but has a zero move stat so he can only be moved by spending a AoW card. You certainly don't want to catch any of your own troops in the areas he moves through unless they are tough or expendable.


He does have a good defence and high vitality so will be hard to shift once in place.


The last monster is the Graeae who at one point are the cheapest monster but really only useful if you are running a monster heavy list.


I also received my copy of Edge of the Abyss from the just started Tales of Mantica series. The aim of the series is to help build up the world of Mantica and add some rich lore into the game. So far I have read a couple of the stories which have been good and I am looking forward to the one featuring the Herd.


In a similar vein Mantic have also started releasing information on the soon to be launched KoW:Vanguard. In a series of blog posts they have been building up the excitement and detailing how the game will work. I have a 2 player set on the way from the Kickstarter which I think should arrive justs about the time I run out of things to paint, which is rather handy. Once I have seen the list for the Herd I will need to plan out a force and get some models bought and painted.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Rock dude - between us an elemental army is looking quite doable. Are those single horns on the Satyrs heads or a feather - hard to tell from the piccies

    ReplyDelete