Saturday 6 January 2024

Stranger New Worlds

Having received a new play mat as part of the latest Mantic Terrain Crate release I've been working on a new terrain set to go on it. I've also been basing up my new Twilight Kin in the same scheme so the army also has it's own matching terrain.



The rough ground toxic lakes are part of the Terrain Crate release as are the fantasy/sci-fi trees and the mouse-mat wood area markers.



The hills are blue (well black these days) foam on MDF bases which have been shaped and then covered with the Vallejo Grey Sand base texture and then hit with a variety of Army Painter Speed Paint colours. 


The walls come from Archon Studios and being hard plastic are super easy to put together. 


The ruin on the right is from a Games Workshop set I picked up at a wargames show a few years back and had to be chopped a bit to get it on the base.


The portal's I've been using are all meant to be used as D&D spells effects but they have been repurposed to act as gateways for my Twilight Kin to come through. I got them from Etsy and the seller scaled some up for me to make extra large ones.


So that means they fit right in with the normal sized ones I've been using on the unit bases, hopefully that helps tell the story of the army.




No comments:

Post a Comment