Sunday 21 January 2024

The Faction with no Name

As well as painting up the Twilight Kin for this year I've also decided to paint up a new Deadzone force to take to events. This month's Mantic Vault releases included the Nameless so I decided to upgrade my Star Saga models to 3D printed resin. My order from Bristol Independent Gaming arrived in the week and also included a few models to use in my Twilight Kin. Next month's Vault should include the leaders for the Nameless so I'll be getting some more printed out then. We've signed up for an event at the beginning of June so I need to get them painted up by then and hopefully a couple of practice games in.


Speaking of the Twilight Kin I've been working away at some more units and have completed a second unit of Void-Skiffs. By only having two models on the base it means I have two left over to base up as hero options.




I've also completed a second Regiment of Fleetwardens/Voidwalkers to add to the two Troops I already had. The current perceived wisdom is to field your Phalanx units in Regiments rather than Hordes so building them in this way gives me the flexibility to field them either way.




We've also started playing Armada on a Friday night with my Twilight Kin taking on Mr T's Abyssal Dwarves. I've signed up for a three game event in March and hopefully Mr T will also be coming along to join the fray. At present we are still learning the rules and working out what looks like a good list.


The rules are fun and pretty straight forwards to learn with individual ships having special rules and upgrades adding to the depth. We are currently playing at 200 points which gets you around 4-6 units so you don't have many models you need to worry about at once.


The scenario we played this week was Flotsam & Jetsam which had nine loot tokens spread out across the table that needed to be collected. They ranged in value from zero (four tokens) to two (two tokens) and could be collected at the end of a ships activation. In the game Mr T managed to collect three of the zero value tokens (they are placed face down) and I scooped up almost all the rest of the scoring tokens.







No comments:

Post a Comment