Sunday 10 July 2022

Deadzone: GCPS Update

Painting and playing have been at a low ebb over the last couple of weeks as I suffered with and then recovered from my first plague infection. I have however worked through some extra options for my GCPS force for Deadzone. One thing the original force lacked was some models for close up work so I decided to add a couple of Riot Troopers to the force. I bought some shields and hammers from Anvil Industries and using some more of the Iron Core models put together a couple of serious looking troopers.


The Riot Troopers carry defender shields which increase their armour value by 1 (up to 2) and also the armour value of any size 1 or 2 models in the same cube by 1. With the general reduction in armour piercing in Deadzone v3, having a armour 2 model means they should be pretty durable. 


They have a useful range 4 gun and the Smash(1) rule means they always get an extra dice in melee (up from the base of 3), that all looks pretty good value for 18 points.



As I had some models left over I also put together some Recruit's which can be used to bulk out an force with cheap models. These recruit's are pretty poor at everything but they don't give your opponent any victory points when killed so can be handy as a throw-away unit.





I also built up a couple of grenade launcher users in case I wanted to drop the mortar at any point. I'm not sure that will happen very often as I really like the model I put together for the mortar team.



With the extra Riot Troopers needing to be incorporated into my Strike Team I went back to have a look at the Ranger based list I had originally drawn up an decided it would be best to replace the rangers with veterans instead. The basic ranger is 3 points more than their veteran counterpart so dropping down allowed me to fit the riot troopers in fairly easily.


In fact it allowed me to go from 12 models up to 13 and reduced the VP value of the team from 27 down to 20. Of course you do lose the ability to aerially deploy all the ranger models and 1 armour but it feels like a fair enough trade to me.




Mr T and I also managed our first game in a fair few weeks, and we opted to play some more Carnevale.
I went with the Rashaar and Mr T branched out into the Strigoi for the first time.



The battle was pretty quick and brutal with Mr T's first introduction into playing the Strigoi being a steep learning curve. They aren't an easy faction to play as you are generally short on command points and need to trade life for extra dice to roll.


The result was a lot of dead vampires as the Cult Enforcer and Demagogue dished out the pain.



I also picked up some new terrain from Warbases, the first of their full colour MDF terrain range. They do three different versions of the set and the option I chose came with 5 ponds in it. Some of them are quite small but the two large ones are good for Kings of War.


The colour printing is good quality and these can be used without any further work than popping them out of the frame. You could add some flock and gloss gel medium to further pimp them up if you wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment