Saturday 30 July 2022

Napoleonic's: Sound of the Gun

It looks like the next game we start playing after the summer holidays have been taken is going to be Shakos & Bayonets by Studio Tomahawk. I'd decided it would be nice to have a cannon as an objective for the game so picked one up from Perry miniatures. The rules do cover artillery so it could be used in a game so I went for a Spanish crew who could fight on either side. 


The models are all metal and fit well with the Spanish I already have though these being regular troops they are in a uniform. The Spanish artillery wore a rather fetching blue with red facings uniform so they look rather dashing. If my memory isn't failing me then I think the artillery was the bravest/best arm of the Spanish army so these chaps would fight to the last man.



I also realised I didn't have a leader for my 5th Batt. 60th Regiment troops so I purchased a rifles command pack at the same time.


I painted up the bugler and two NCO's to add to the riflemen I already have which takes me up to fifteen riflemen in total. I'm not sure how good rifles are in the rules but with so many of them I should be able to field a decent contingent.



We also got a last game of Carnevale in with Mr T once more fielding the Strigoi and I had a go with The Guild. I think it's the first time I've played them and I went with a decent shooting group and then a good melee group.


The shooters proved to be pretty effective and they forced the Vampires into making charges they didn't want to take. This let the melee group pick off the Vampires and The Guild ran out winners.












No comments:

Post a Comment