Sunday 9 December 2018

Slow Going

Progress on the painting front has been slow this week with most of my time going into the crew for my Herd Chariot Horde. These aren't quite done yet so no piccies to show but they should be done for next week.
I did get a couple of games of Mythic Battles in again this week with Mick and we played another of the scenarios from the book with pre-chosen forces.
The scenario pitted a force of monsters against Hades, Heracles and a host of troops who were trying to locate and free a captive.



The monster player decided in secret which of the 5 markers represented the captive and also started with all the monster on the board at the start of the game.


The Hades player had to deploy as normal onto the board so would be bringing at most two units onto the table a turn, and probably only one most turns.


This slow buildup proved decisive as the monster player was able to get stuck in as the opposition  deployed and keep them pinned down.

 

We each played both sides and the both times the person playing the monsters came away with the victory.


During my turn as Hades I did manage to make some progress out of the initial deployment areas but Mick killed off Hades and even though I had some troops make it close to the captives Mick had the threat covered well enough that I could only free a decoy.


Hades has Fallen

We both agreed that the large number of Troops in the attacking force made the going pretty hard especially as the defenders could not be overwhelmed easily.


I have also been plugging away at the Minotaur Giant, initially his hair was grey but I wasn't enthused by the look and having switched him over to brown hair I'm feeling much better about the progress made so far.


Once I have completed the Herd Chariot crew then I will be focusing solely on getting him and the Vanguard objective markers completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment