Sunday 27 March 2022

Carnevale: La Serenissima

With Mr T being busy for the last two weeks we've not played any games but I have been working on some stuff for Carnevale. I'm a big fan of terrain and as TT Combat do a big range of MDF terrain for the game I took the plunge and purchased a load to replace the cardboard buildings that come in the starter set.

This meant I've been spending the last week or so splashing the glue around and breathing in the fumes of burnt MDF, so it was a real relief to get at least all the buildings done. The box I bought also contains some MDF street sections but as I have the foam ones already I'm leaving those for later on.


As this weekend has been extra sunny I managed to get the buildings out into the back yard and spray some white primer over them, I could only get one can so the coverage wasn't a great as I would have liked but as MDF soaks up the paint anyway it should be a decent enough start.


I've also started to lay down some of the base coat colours as well. I've decided to go for five different main colours and then pick out the windows etc afterwards. This should give a nice bright and varied look to the terrain on the table. I'm not sure how historically accurate this is but hopefully it should look good when we play. 



This feels like it is going to be a big job to get completed but as the terrain is together it can at least be used for games whilst I paint it up. Hopefully we should be back to playing next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment