Sunday 8 March 2020

The B(laine)-Team

This week I completed the roster of mercenaries for Star Saga and Deadzone. This means I can start work on the Rebs faction for Deadzone for my third faction I can field.

Mantic Games

This group includes Blaine who is a Mantic special character who has the ability to travel between dimensions, this allows him to appear in multiple games such as the Zombie Blaine I painted last year.

Mantic Games

Mantic Games

In the world of Star Saga Blaine is the leader of the mercenary company and as such is the biggest bad-ass in space! He costs around 4 times as much as the other choices so may be a good character to take in a solo game. Also completed are Alyse a space wizard (possibly the best kind) and Kira a Sphyr medic / support character. Whilst Alyse drains the life from others Kira is a more traditional healer.

Mantic Games Star Saga Mercenaries

The other two mercenaries who I have cards for are Curby the flying robot and Halftail who I believe is also to be found in the Dreadball arena. Both are ranged fighters and whilst Curby packed a powerful EMP blast Halftail can plant bombs on scenery pieces.

Mantic Games Star Saga Mercenaries

I also got a model for Leesh'ma but no card so I will have to have a look around to see if I can get one, I'm not sure but she may have come with the Reb Alpha booster pack I bought a while back.

Mantic Games Star Saga Mercenaries

Mantic Games Star Saga Mercenaries

So that completes all the forces (and terrain) for Star Saga. The game comes with a solo mode so I may setup the table and play through some of the missions.

Mantic Games Star Saga

Mantic Games Star Saga

So onto the Rebs next, I have glued all the models together and now need to start getting some paint laid down, as long as I don't get distracted by anything else............

Mantic Games Star Saga


Talking of which I put a pre-order in for Clash of Spears, a new ancients large skirmish game. The game looks to use forces similar in size to Saga and initially is designed for battles around the time of the Punic Wars.

2 comments:

  1. Do the base markings have some game significance or do they just match the terrain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it happens, neither really, it was something I wanted to try out.

      Delete