Sunday 25 August 2024

Back in the Game

After many months of work by skilled artisans and then some slapping on of paint by myself the new  wargames room has finally been completed. I'd not really realised quite how much hobby stuff I had until I'd carried it all up two flights of stairs to it's new home. But that work is pretty much complete so I can now start to settle in and at long last get some painting of models done. No doubt I will find a few bits I still need to buy to complete the room but after such a long break I'm eager to paint something other than walls and ceilings. 






Mr T and myself have been playing some Kings of War: Ambush on the kitchen table as this allowed us to continue getting games in even on a small playing surface. We've also been honing our KoW skills in anticipation of the start of a combined Ambush and Armada campaign I've been brewing up.



Mr T has been using his Abyssal Dwarfs and I've been playing with my new Twilight Kin and we both have navies to match.




The game itself started poorly for the Twiglets as the Bound Terror (the big tentacled chap) was shot off very early and I'd been hopeful it would chew through his tough infantry. That was not to be however so the rest of the army had to get stuck in instead.



The scenario was Invade which means each side needs to get it's units across the centre of the table and the side with most unit strength in the opposition half at the end wins. As I started with less unit strength I needed to get stuck into the Dwarves and take some units off.



In the end I ground my way through the Dwarven lines and managed to win by 4 US to 3US so it was a very close affair with the Dwarves certainly having a couple of chances in the last turn to swing the win in their direction.



It was good to get a game in and start enjoying the new room, hopefully the first of many many games.



No comments:

Post a Comment