Monday 9 September 2024

Ruined Tower

Now I have my painting table setup again I've finally managed to get away from painting my house to painting model houses. First up from the new table is a lovely little ruined tower from Fogou Models, over the years I've bought plenty of their terrain and it never disappoints. 

This is a Norman style tower (at least to my eye) and to do something a little different I went with a brown stone / desert theme rather than using grey stone.



Most of the work has been done by a series of dry brushes with various shades of brown and sand which didn't take that long to lay down.


At present the ruin has been investigated by some crusaders but no doubt others will also show an interest in the future.





Mr T and myself have also played out some more games of Kings of War: Ambush over the last few weeks. We've increased the points to 995 which is the largest points you can play Ambush at, this gives a bit more scope to squeeze an extra unit or two in or go for something big.



The last game we played was one of the new scenarios called Stockpile. This involves three stacks of tokens along the centre line that need to be picked up, most tokens at the end wins. A unit can only pick up one token per turn, but multiple units can touch the stack at the same time.


In the game Mr T took the early initiative by wiping out my skiffs on turn 2 after I misjudged his charge range but I did manage to grab three tokens early on.



However the token on my right was taken back by the dwarfs who looked set for a win.


Fortunately my Summoner Crone managed to get a couple of wounds on the Golems holding the token and I rolled 11 & then 12 to break them, forcing a lucky draw.





No comments:

Post a Comment