Sunday 12 May 2024

Double Header

With the building work still ongoing this week I went old school and did some kitchen table gaming. 

With a Deadzone event in Banbury coming up on the 9th June Mr T and myself broke out our strike teams to refresh our Deadzone skills. Fortunately Deadzone plays on a 2*2feet table so it's perfect for when you want to game but don't have any space to play in.


The event is at 180 points so we both fielded a strike team at that points level, Mr T sticking with his trusty Forge Fathers and I took my freshly painted Nameless for a spin.



The Goliath is a real melee beast of a unit and it proved it's worth by chewing through a good proportion of the Forge Father list which meant I came away with a win. I suspect the secret of combating it is to slow it down via pins/flames and try to take out the units around it rather than charging into it's range.







Stu also came over from Cirencester for a game of Armada with my Orcs going up against his Salamanders. The scenario involved picking up loot tokens and we ended up with 4 VP's each and the Salamanders took off around an island.  


My Orcs couldn't catch up with the main part of the fleet but did manage to pick off the two smallest ships in the enemy fleet, so it was a moral victory even if the VP's ended up tied.




No comments:

Post a Comment