Sunday 2 April 2023

Deadzone: Divide and Conquer

Divide and Conquer sees the two Strike Teams battling over four 2 point objectives split between the flanks of the board. For this game I went with the Forge Fathers who I'd not played with before and Stu brough over his freshly painted Enforcers. I won't do a blow by blow but the Enforcers started strongly with their sniper taking out the Forge Father bomb- bot which in turn killed their biker. From that point on it was a bit more even and ended up a pretty bloody affair with both sides reduced to just a few models at the end.


I think we got as far as Turn 4 which ended with both sides over the 20 VP's threshold so the game ended in an honourable draw. It was a fun way to pass the morning before we headed out to watch the football, which ended in a disappointing draw.












On the painting front I've completed a second Tunneller for my Veer-myn to use in Firefight. This is in preparation for the beta lists changes coming in which will remove almost all the smoke the rats currently use to shield their advancing melee units.


Also this week I signed up for the newly announced King-Kon run by the Northern Kings who are extremely experienced gamers and tournament organisers. This promises to be 2 1/2 days of Mantic based fun. Hopefully I can meet up again with many of the players from last years Deadzone tournament and also some of the lovely people from other Mantic games.




No comments:

Post a Comment