Wednesday 23 November 2022

Firefight: Something to Fight Over

Continuing on with the new terrain for Firefight I've completed some area / blocking terrain pieces. The oil pump and tank, walls and almost all the barrels are from Fogou Models. Chris at Fogou makes a great range of scenery and I've bought a fair bit of his product line over the years. The concrete walls are also his and I even managed to snag a few pre-production short wall pieces from him. I have some more of the very short pieces to one side to use with the Veer-myn.


Using the pump, tank and barrels I decided to put together a few pieces themed around an pumping operation that probably shouldn't have gone ahead. No doubt a GCPS corporation had been operating outside the limits of what was legal and used shoddy processes to maximise profit. 



The radioactive spillage is a mixture of LIT powder, gloss gel medium and some green contrast paint. This was then topped with a wash of green paint once dry. As the LIT powder is luminescent it glows in the dark but also has a vivid green colour even in daylight.



The large red containers are repurposed from Covid testing kits having previously held the fluid reagent. Chopping the top off gave a good sized container to go with the rest of the terrain.




The big tanks are some plastic containers I'd kept to one side with some added bits from a Fogou set and an old bit of pipe. I also had some Green Stuff World decals that I'd bought a while back to add onto them.



The  rocky ground markers are made out of cork chunks from Geek Gaming who also supplied the copious amounts of red sand used.


Along with the Ogres I showed last week I'd also purchased a turret as part of the TT Combat Kickstarter and this has been turned into a strong-point. Firefight doesn't have any rules for this sort of thing so it may just be blocking terrain until I can think some scenario based rules up.



Lastly we have the Fogou Models concrete barricades, very useful for anyone/thing looking to put something solid between themselves and incoming fire.



And as I had the bits out I put together a little scene showing some Forge Fathers coming under Veer-myn attack as they try to make off with material that probably killed the original human prospectors. 








2 comments:

  1. Funny how scifi battles are always over toxic wastelands and never anywhere nice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a pitch for Battlefield: Cotswolds incoming !

      Delete