Wednesday 28 October 2020

I Built a Wall (and Paid for it)

 As I'm on leave this week I've had plenty of hobby time and decided to work on the walls for my adobe village from Fogou models.

I bought the extra walls and posts at the start of lock-down and have only now gotten to them on my work list. The idea was to produce some light defences to go around the village to add some flavour and also to add some options for scenario play.


To make the wall sections I first glued the walls and posts to some mdf I'd cut to size and then built up the platform behind with the blue foam I had left over from making hills. This was then covered with Polyfilla mixed with some paint to make sure everything stayed in place and to make the whole thing tough.


Once everything was set I then painted up the walls whilst trying to remember how I did the rest of the buildings back in February. It seems I didn't do anything too fancy as I managed to get the match pretty close.


After that I used some Geek Gaming products for the top of the walkway and the same flocking as I've been using on the bases for all the Clash of Spears units. The gates I made out of some wooden drink stirrers I bought on eBay which were stuck together with PVA glue.


This was actually only a few days work with much of that spent waiting for things to dry, once completed I dampened everything down with a PVA & water spray and once that was dry hit it with some spray varnish.



Now I just need to think up some scenarios to use the walls in, though they could be used to mark off one side of a battlefield as well.



I do have a couple more bits of scenery that I'm working on this week and hope to get completed before I'm back into work next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment