Saturday 20 July 2019

Undead: Death on a Pale Horse

In an exciting end to the week I picked up my Undead from the Fireforge Kickstarter campaign today from the post office. I'd been tracking there progress for a couple of weeks as they made the seemingly long journey from Holland to the UK.


The boxes look spiffing and I paid out for 3 of Knights, 2 of Warriors and 1 of Peasants. The Knights and Warriors are going to be used in the Undead army as Soul Reavers and will form the contingent lead by Death.

Each Horse Sprue also has an Undead Dog

The model sets come with plenty of options and I can see I will be able to add some undead heads onto the couple of normal humans I received to make them into undead without too much work.


The Soul Reavers are the toughest and most expensive units available to the Undead (well in v2, v3 could change that) with the cavalry in particular being very nasty. It will be interesting to see if they retain Defence 6+ or not. These should still provide a heavy hitting hammer that can also take a fair bit of beating before they are routed.
The scheme I currently have planned for this section is a mono-chrome world with not only the Soul Reavers painted in a ghostly scheme but also all the terrain as well. It's not something I have ever attempted before so it should be interesting to try and do.



The Peasants will be helping to form another contingent but that is for another post, again they come with lots of options.


I also got some painting done this week and worked on some models I had left over for SAGA / Vanguard. So I got a couple of mystic types done for either SAGA priests or Vanguard objectives and a Saxon banner bearer who I bought as he looked interesting.


This weekend is also Attack weekend in Devizes which we will be visiting tomorrow so no doubt I will be able to add some more figures onto the pile, huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment