Sunday 17 February 2019

Ganesha Arrives

This week saw the arrival of some terrain that my Herd Brutox could really appreciate. I wanted to add something to the table that reflected at least one unit in the army and this Ganesh fish tank ornament really fits the bill. Costing only £10 including postage it's a bit of a bargain and I had intended to do some further work on it once it arrived but in truth it looked good enough without any action on my part.


They do a few more ornaments that might well fit well on the table so now I've seen the quality I may look to add a couple more.



We also played another Kings of War game this week with Mick keeping the same force as last time and I switched my army up to use some more of the units I've painted.
This time I went with :
2 * Horde Guardian Brutes one with Brew of Haste
1 * Horde Lycans
3 * Troop Beast Pack
1 * Horde Giant Eagles
1 * Stampede
1 * Brutox
1 * Centaur Chief with Bow & Slashing Blade
2 * Shaman with Mount & Heal(5)



We played the Dominate scenario which totals up the unit strength of each army for any unit mostly within 12" of the centre point after 6 turns. I opted for a more spread out deployment with the Mick going for a more compact setup.


I won't go through a turn by turn account but the game itself played out with the Herd generally advancing and the Basileans happy to hold back and try and make a forward movement at the death. On the Herd right flank a little battle within the battle was played out as a unit of Paladin Knights tried to out-maneuver a Beast Pack and the Centaur chief, in the end it could not shake free and spent the game out on that flank.


The Brutox seemed to be very happy with the new statute on the table and really outperformed my expectations and I was surprised he was still hanging around by the end of the game.


On the left and in the centre I managed to remove enough of the Basilean scoring units to make the victory clear cut with the only real loss being the Horde of Giant Eagles.


I was pretty happy with this army setup with the army as a whole being a little more maneuverable due to the loss of the two largest units and them being replaced with two units with Strider, it did mean however that my shooting was reduced to just the 4 dice on the Centaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment