Sunday 15 July 2018

The Big Push

Having a week off work always means I can get some concentrated hobbying in. So this week saw several projects started and some completed.
The first work completed are some new hills, I wanted to have some hills that could be used as steep hills whilst using the older hills as normal ones. In order to distinguish them I used 30mm thick blue foam rather than 20mm and carved the sides into steep cliffs. Having been through the process before I was able to make these pretty quickly.



I also completed an extra 4 Hearthguard for the Milites Christi, having looked at the battleboard it was obvious that I would need some more to make the most of the battleboard. Again having painted up lots of Hearthguard before these went together quickly and where ready for the game later in the week.


On Friday with my brother visiting from Cirencester we had a game of SAGA with Stuart taking on the Saracen side against my Milites Christi. I won't go over the battle as that has already been done but it was interesting to get the MC out again.


The battleboard has changed considerably from v1 to v2 with the emphasis now being more on surviving than allowing the long range cavalry charges that v1 encouraged.


We also played a couple of games of Mythic Battles using the starter scenario. As the game played quickly we managed to get two games in with the overall result being 1 win each.


Whilst making the big hills I also made some to fit onto the playing board, the rest of the terrain I already had. The starter scenario is very straightforward and the interplay of the forces on each side added good depth. I can only assume that with so many different units on offer the combinations are almost limitless.


The final job which I did today was sticking together all the Victrix Greek cavalry for the Basilean army I am putting together. I had enough models for 2 troops of Panther Lancers ( no shields ) and 2 regiments of Knights. I also made up 2 models for mounted Wizards and 3 extra mounted spares.




Now I just need to get them all painted up and I will have a good started force for the Basileans.
Next week is Attack so the prime aim will be to try and not add too much to my painting pile, a struggle which is generally pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment