Sunday 27 May 2018

Forces of Basilea

No SAGA this week so I have had a chance to continue painting up my Chariot Horde for the Herd and also to do some planning for another KoW army.
My regular playing partner Mick is not a fan of fantasy so I hope to tempt him into sharing my love of KoW by building up a semi-historical army which has a few fantasy element thrown in. In order to keep costs down and also not add to my painting pile the plan is to build an army using the various Greek models I already own.
This should mean that not only do I get to see the models I first painted when I started gaming again on the field of battle but also that the Mythic Battles models serve a dual role.

Homeric Greeks & Trojans
All I should need to do is create some bases for them to go onto and the army should come together pretty quickly.
Looking through the lists available I decided that the Force of Basilea would be the best fit and as they have two good formations under the latest rules additions it should be easy to build an army around those.

Core List
I have plenty of infantry but some cavalry will be to be purchased and that should be the only extra outlay needed for the army to come together. The core list includes a solid high nerve infantry block and fast hard hitting cavalry units with healing support.

Formation Benefits

The two formations build on these strengths and help the two parts of the army excel at their roles. My plan is to use the Gods from Mythic Battles as the Elohi and if I can think up a way to make them look like they are on Mount Olympus then that will be great. I also need to flesh out the rest of the army and want to get around 2000 points on the table as that should give a decent sized army to start learning the game.

I did manage to complete a few models this week but I'm not sure what to use them as at present so they have not been based up.



These came along with the Elephant models I am using in the Herd army but I cannot decide what to use them as. I may save them to be used for a Herd force for the KoW skirmish game Vanguard that I backed on Kickstarter.
Well back to the chariots now, the hope is to get them pretty much done over the long weekend.

W.I.P





2 comments:

  1. Looks like the spares we have available are Hoplites or Peltasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking, I'll get some plastic Cav then.

      Delete