Saturday 12 May 2018

The Eagles are Coming

This week I have completed my Horde of Giant Eagles for The Herd and they turned out pretty well. It isn't often that my ability matches the initial vision for a unit but in this case I'm rather pleased with the results.


The idea was to show the Horde in the act of attack and try to mount at least one of the models onto a target on the ground.


Using an Ogre model from Mantic's Ogre Chariot kit allowed me to create a strong base for the Griffin which as it is a Reaper Bones model is actually pretty light.


The fox and chickens had meant to be used as part of my Stampede as I had originally intended to make it a Chickenpede rather than the Boarpede as it ended up. They help to add some interest to the otherwise empty area under the attacking Griffin.



As a fast moving unit the ideal use for these is to exploit flank and rear charges.


I also completed a Bronze Bull to be used either as a wingless Chimera or a unit filler for the Warrior Horde.




2 comments:

  1. Looks good - I suspect its even more impressive in the flesh as its hard to get the full effect of the Griffin in 2D photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it certainly isn't easy to photo a unit with bits of model that stick out all over the shop, it is hard to get the focus right.

      Delete