Sunday 31 December 2017

Norse Invasion

With no game this week due to my regular opponent having festive duties I have managed to crack on with some of my new Norse force.

Warriors to the fore with Hearthguard behind

I have decided to use a limited but colourful paint palette as I don't want a drab army marching into battle. So I've been using red, green, blue, & white on all the figures but a different shade for the Warriors and Hearthguard. I also decided that the Warriors would lack the golden/bronze decoration of the Hearthguard, this was to help them feel less prestigious.



So far I have completed the painting on 4 points of Hearthguard and 1 point of Warriors, with 3 more points of Warriors and 2 points of Levy to go.


Hearthguard to the front
This should give me plenty of options when fielding a 6 point force but also allow me to field two 4 point armies when I introduce my brother to SAGA.


Once all the troops are painted I can then get working on the bases with the plan still to produce a snow covered base with some dead grass and perhaps the very occasional winter flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment