Sunday 20 August 2017

Woodland SAGA

With the last of the Kin ( for the moment ) painted up last week I was looking for the next project to begin and I read this blog post and it made me have another think about the terrain I have. At present I am using cut up carpet for wood bases and some curved hills. The hills are well made but not having a flat top means they are not ideal for KoW. With this in mind I ordered some bits from ebay and set about making a test wood base.





The idea being that the trees can be removed to accommodate the units as they use the wood and the flocking ties in with the bases of the Twilight Kin. The base is just 3mm MDF with some painted sand and flock stuck on. This will then have some more PVA glue sprayed on to help the bits stay in place.
I have a game planned for this Thursday so I will give the trail piece a run out and see how it stands up to a game.

I have also this week been looking at the SAGA  rules as another games to get into, having a skirmish game means less models to paint before you get playing. This should be handy as my hopefully regular opponent has limited time to get figures ready. The rules are centered on the use of Battle Boards which contain a number of abilities that need to be powered up by dice in order to use. Each faction has its own board and abilities so they all have a unique style.

I have been painting up some eastern European infantry to use as Byzantines and got some pictures of of before and after the Army Painter quickshade, it really does work wonders.







We should be having a SAGA test game on Thursday to see if we like the rules, if not then these chaps could be the start of another KoW army.

No comments:

Post a Comment