Sunday 27 August 2017

The First SAGA

This week Mick and myself played our first game of SAGA. As I lacked the models for two sides my Greeks got pressed into action and we played Vikings vs Anglo-Danish.

Two 4 point forces and Battle Boards

The setup

SAGA uses Battle Boards which are different for each faction, these add a board game style element to the game as you use them to activate your units and special abilities. In what is becoming a running theme I got involved in the game and forgot to take many photos. As I hadn't had a chance to complete my Byzantine infantry fully this wasn't a massive loss.



The game itself was very enjoyable with the controlling of the Battle Board being key to becoming a SAGA expert. Some abilities can be used in your opponents turn and you also have choices to make during your opponents combat turn so you are always making decisions even when it isn't your go. In fact the Spanish have abilities they can activate so they can move in the opponents turn.



I am sure we will be playing many more games and I need to pick up some cavalry and a few more infantry to build a 6 point force.

I have also cracked on with the terrain finishing off the test hill.


Once this one was done then I started on the rest of the terrain with the alteration of adding a proper lip to the hills base to help protect it from damage.


I also took delivery of some 45mm round bases to build some heavy and light cover terrain pieces to add to the flat terrain pieces.



This will allow me to use the same base for woods, heavy & light cover terrain areas.
With this being a bank holiday weekend then I should be able to make some progress with these before having to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment