Sunday 19 December 2021

Napoleonic's: British Centre Companies

After a few weeks of concerted effort I've managed to paint up 32 British centre company infantry to complete the infantry options for the Anglo-Spanish force. I've now just got the foot officers and mounted troops to go.


I'd not been looking forward to painting these up but once I got into a rhythm they flowed off the painting table pretty quickly. I would claim them to be my best ever work but they are completed and look reasonable in a group so job done. 


In terms of game stats the British 'normal' line infantryman is slightly better at shooting than his French counter-part (5+ rather than 6+) but otherwise they are the same. The rules do include some national characteristics which are performed via commands from officers, so these emphasise the differences in military thinking between the nations.






Once I've complete the British foot officers then I will be looking to get the troops onto the table to try out the rules. With Christmas looming then that may be the perfect time to try them out and see how they play.



No comments:

Post a Comment