Sunday 11 April 2021

Deadzone: Catch Up

Lots of photos this week as I put out a catch up post for the Deadzone minis I've been painting over the last month and a bit.

First up with our fantasy campaign coming to an end last week I thought I would twist Mr T's arm and make him play some sci-fi, even though he says he doesn't like it.

So I put together a couple of Deadzone Strike Teams and asked him to bring some D8's. Knowing that he enjoyed the Vanguard rules which took heavy inspiration from Deadzone I knew he would like the way Deadzone plays as well.



We had a good play through with the teams with Mr T commanding the Marauders and I playing the Asterians for the first time. I'd forgotten how good the Marauder 4+ save on everything was and with Mr T's dice not letting him down for once he managed a decent win.


During the week I'd put together and quickly painted up some extra terrain, as I only had a can of blue paint to hand, that's what colour it ended up.


The main thing was that he conceded that he had in fact enjoyed some sci-fi so hopefully the seeds are sown for a some future games after SAGA.



I've also painted up a second Spectra for the Asterions, this time with the sword. In order to mix things up a little I reversed the paint scheme from the gun version.



This model had a few casting imperfections that had not been present in the first one but the holes aren't in places which are obvious so I opted to get it painted rather than wait for replacement parts from Mantic.



The minimum points size for a double Spectra team is around 175 (as you need 6 troops to unlock them both), but it would be more balanced at 200 points.



I've also painted up a box of Plague victims for use in game as an NPC force. It struck me that the Deadzones are created by the outbreak of the Plague on a planet but you don't see the victims of this calamity. 


Now I have the models all painted up I just need to work out a AI routine for them, they need to be a nuisance rather than the focus of the game, unless you make a mistake of course, and not slow the game down too much. So some working out to do on that front.


Next week we should be traveling back to the mists of time and playing some SAGA, it's a ruleset we both enjoy so it will be good to be playing it again.







2 comments:

  1. I like the shinnies enmass - look good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Army Painter coloured metallics work really well, I actually have 20 of the Marionettes (small robots) with a few weapon choices.

      Delete