Sunday 5 May 2019

Glorious Glosters

Having been close to completing the English Militia for my Buccaneer force last week I was able to finish them off during the week.



I really like the models and the look of the red with yellow trim makes me want to paint up some more so I can see myself adding more militia / regular soldiers in the future.



The next unit I will be working on are the Spanish Hostigadores who are a skirmishing militia unit. Historically they acted as stay behind forces harassing the enemy after the main army had left.


These chaps being all lost at sea won't be much help in crewing the Tartana as she glides across the sea. She is pretty much complete with the masts, rigging and sails added.


At present the spars aren't glue in place so I can swap the sails over but as I found when I was rigging her up it's a real pain in the arse to do so I may well glue them in place and leave her as she is.




Points wise the Tartana when fully equipped will be a bit more than the Bark but not enough to make the match-up unfair.


The Tartana is a fair bit bigger than the Bark but much of that is due to her bowsprit being longer and at a lower angle. As the lanteen rig doesn't allow for a place to fly a flag I used a spare spar from Bark to add one to the rear of the ship.



That's all the boats completed for now and I don't have any immediate plans to add anymore. this means with the terrain also done and dusted I can concentrate on the armies to actually fight with/over all the bits done so far.

2 comments:

  1. I see the North Glosters did fight in the Caribbean during the late 18th century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about 100 years late for this game though unfortunately.

      Delete