Saturday 28 April 2018

Shaman Trio

Another week without a game but I have completed a couple more Shaman's using the Centaur models from Mythic Battle. This means I've made some progress on two different games which is a real bonus.


This gives me three models I can use as mounted Shamans and I have a couple of other models that I will be painting up to stand in as foot Shamans. Due to the speed of the army I suspect I will only ever be taking the mounted version however.


As well as painting the models they needed to be removed from the round bases they came on for Mythic Battle and then pinned to a rectangular base for KoW.


The Herd Shamans come with plenty of spell options but as you can normally only cast one spell per turn it isn't worth loading them up with all the spells. At this stage I suspect the Heal spell will be the default choice.


I have also started work on the Horde of Giant Eagles and got all the bits I need / that I think I need ready. All I need to do now is paint them up and build the base.

Giant Eagle Horde 'kit'

I suspect this unit will be a couple of weeks work if not more but hopefully should look rather good once done. As always the issue is trying to translate the picture I have in my mind into reality.

2 comments:

  1. Thunderous charge is slightly odd on a caster - its all going very badly if they are riding folks down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is more to stay in keeping with the rest of the beastmen part of the army who pretty much all have TC. But if you need to cause a point of damage it may come in handy, but probably not.

      Delete