Sunday 21 May 2017

Painting Progress

The story of this week has been lots of progress without actually completing anything. I seem to have been managing about one unit a week so far but this week has seen nothing finished.
I do have 11 more Shadows almost complete with half ready to be based and the other half waiting for the Quickshade to dry so they can highlighted and varnished.

Dull ones ready to Rock

Shiny ones almost ready to Roll

I also have the Hero on flying mount at the waiting for Quickshade stage so he will be ready to fly out by the weekend.



His base is also ready and once the highlights, varnish and shield have gone on he can swoop forth.

I have also assembled the first of the dino-riders who I will be using as a mounted Hero variant. I have enough models so I can make two troops of cavalry and one each Hero, Standard Bearer & Mage. I doubt I will ever use all of them at once but its good to have a choice.

Early Stages

This one looks like it may actually be pretty easy to get a good effect without much time input so he could be done by next week.

2 comments:

  1. No rush - don't want too many elves to munch through with my Ratmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I will need all the troops I can get, no doubt your boys are breeding like well rats.

      Delete