Monday 4 March 2024

Twilight Kin: Ready for Battle

With the completion of the mighty Goredrake I've also completed all the models for my Twilight Kin army. Whilst this is far from my first Kings of War army it is my first 100% Mantic army. 

The Goredrake is a double headed monster with resin parts fitting onto Mantic's latest dragon body. Mine didn't really fit onto the tactical rock it was supplied with but some pinning and lots of superglue have hopefully done the job.


It's not the quickest flyer at only speed 8 but at only 190 points and the in-built ability to re-roll up to three misses of it seven attacks makes it's damage output pretty reliable at a cheap price point. It also has unit strength 2 so can be used to take and hold objectives. Cheap flyers that can do that are always useful in scenario play.


It's a big model so I worked my way through it in several sections and I'm pleased with the way it came out, that gives me three large monsters to potentially field with the army.






As I'd completed the last model I got the whole force out for a few pictures. With further building works about to start the army will most likely be going into storage for a while so probably won't see the field before the summer.



It's been a while since I did a large army project and there's a real sense of accomplishment to see the whole army laid out in all it's glory. This is about 4,500 points without items so I should have enough to give me plenty of options.



Next up are some Nameless for Deadzone which I hope to be able to complete whilst the building works are ongoing for an event in June. Mr T and myself are also traveling to Oxford for an Armada event next weekend so that promises to be a grand day out.



No comments:

Post a Comment