Saturday 25 July 2020

Ostrogoth: Almost Done

After an enforced posting break caused by my PC going pop I'm back with the last of the Ostrogoth's that I currently have the models for. Over the last 2 weeks I've completed the last regiments of cavalry and the several of the characters.


On the cavalry front I now have 4 Regiments of Knights, 6 Troops of Sergeants, and 5 Troops of Mounted Scouts along with 2 Wizards and 3 Mounted Heroes. 


I still need to paint up the Generals on Winged Beasts but the models I plan to use for them are currently still in production so they aren't expected out until November.


This means that I have completed around 3000 points worth and I have some flying beasts I can proxy in for the Generals in the meantime.





For the mounted wizards I've used two Gripping Beast models to represent a court wizard and a hedge wizard. I also had a Gripping Beast priest on foot to use as a wizard in Vanguard if I ever need to field one.


The KoM wizards are pretty flexible and come with a good range of spells to choose from, probably Lightning Bolt and Bane Chant are the most commonly taken.


I also painted up a knight with banner to represent The Captain. He is the unique KoM hero who comes with some nice stats and rules for the price. The most interesting rule is Master Tactician which allows you to redeploy D3 units after setup is completed but before Scout moves. In an army that has the potential to field Knight Hordes the chance to move one or more units across the table after your opponent has committed looks like a real boon.



I've also painted up the spare infantry I had left over from the kits with enough models to make a nice little Vanguard force.


No comments:

Post a Comment