Sunday 11 February 2018

Pantheon Progress

With Mick once again being struck down with a winter bug this week we didn't get a SAGA game in, but I have making steady progress on my Greek mythical models. Over the last two weeks I have managed to complete a few more troops and three of the larger monsters. The monsters really are good to paint as each one offers a chance to do something new.
First off the line was the Dragon Of Thebes, I went with a serpentine look and the model came together pretty quickly. I have based him on a 50mm square so he can be used in Kings of War if required. The plan for many of the monsters is to transfer them onto square bases so they can be used in KoW if in the future I have an army that they can be fitted into.



Next up are Atalanta and the Amazonians. I had thought that Atalanta was the leader of the Amazonians when I started painting only to realise that she wasn't.


But with her mix of ranged and melee abilities I suspect she would work well with the Amazonians.


The troops are being left on the round bases they come on generally, as I can always fit them onto a movement tray if I need to use them in KoW.
Joining this group is Echo who seems to have some Banshee like qualities. She is my first attempt at trying to use a white glaze on flesh tones to represent diaphanous cloth. Not being a large model meant that the effect was only on a small area, but in general I think it works well and I have several more smaller models to practice on before I get to the God models.



The Infernal Artillerymen are undead naptha throwers and even these fairly simple troops have a good amount of detail.



The next two are the Colchidian Dragon and the centaur Eurytion. The dragon has taken on the colours of a goldfish with an orange base and bronze dry bushing. I have also tried out a marshy effect by adding water effect to the base after the static grass was added. I'm not sure if I like the effect or not yet, but it is an effect I am thinking of using on some of my planned Herd army.
Eurytion has been mounted on a 25*50mm base so he can be used to represent a mounted Herd Shaman. Shaman's seem to be a core part of the Herd list as they can use a good range of spells and unusually for casters have inspiring.



Lastly comes the Griffon, again a really nice model. In keeping with my style of keeping the paint job simple he has not been overworked. I like the addition of the white band on the wings as it helps to break up wings, something I wish I had done on my giant eagle for the Kin.



So hopefully next week will bring a game with Mick and it is likely to be the last using SAGA v1 as V2 is now being shipped and we are eagerly awaiting our copies to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment